05 January 2009

Pawn shop.

De La Soul has been totally bringing tonight. Whatever that means.

School starts in a matter of hours. I'd be totally chill about it if my schedule weren't so.. jacked. Coordinating employment and academia is going to be a trial.

I'm working on the illustrations I need to be working on. I'm battling the guilt of taking so goddamn long on them and the guilt of putting time towards art that I'm not going to include in my show. But I guess this is the kind of stuff I'm going to have to get used to if I want to "make it." Whatever that means.

I really need to get my hands on a working scanner. Or some miracle driver that allows mine to actually work again. Since I don't really take specific note of when my various electronics decide to shit on me, I've gotten in the habit of assuming that everything just went haywire when I up'd to Leopard. Instead of blaming Leopard and its obviously failing backwards compatibility, I'm eager to hold the hardware accountable for its inability to predict operating system functionality and duly equip and prepare its firmware. Fuckin' scanner. Fuckin' external harddrive.

So I threw my rear tire up front, as it had grown quite threadbare. Maybe ten rides in (so like, a few days), it burst on me. I'd been under the impression that, even in its sad state, the tire would last me until I got around to getting a new one with the completion of my new build. Such was not the case. It was also raining and snowing and raining rainy snow and snowing snowy rain. I held up pretty well, despite being soaked to my ivory, but I'll be damned if I didn't expect my forehead to fall off. Like, frostbite. Forehead. Fall off. My forehead was cold.

Sheldon and I are the Four Elements!

Hopefully I'll get around to taking some pictures soon, so these posts get a little more interesting and a little less self-indulgent. Actually, that doesn't make much sense; certainly there's no way for a blog to /not/ be self-indulgent.. is there?

No comments:

Post a Comment